Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development and External Affairs, the Community Development Manager is responsible to develop and build relationships with Mosques and other institutions, in a designated catchment area within Canada based on set fundraising targets, for the purposes of raising funds in support of IDRF’s international and local programs.
- To develop a relationship with mosques and other Islamic institutions for the purpose of educating their executive members about the work of IDRF and to solicit funds towards IDRF programs.
- To achieve set fundraising targets by assigned catchment area.
- To maintain records and keep track of all interactions with these groups for future fundraising efforts.
- To ensure that reporting and donor recognition is completed for all donor accounts on a regular basis.
- Hold a solid understanding of Religious Giving from an Islamic Perspective and have connections to members of the Muslim community and in particular mosques.
- Agree with and support the work of IDRF, its mission, vision and values.
- 5-7 years of direct Fundraising experience, with demonstrated success for meeting/exceeding annual goals.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and ability to participate with all areas of the development cycle.
- Able to succeed in making cold calls, as well as develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Results-oriented and dynamic individual with demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a medium-sized non-profit, charitable environment
HOURS OF WORK: Due to the nature of the work, this position will be required to work evenings and weekends. Work week will be from Friday to Tuesday. The use of a reliable vehicle is required.
TRAVEL: The position will require travel within province and across Canada. Travel expenses will be covered.
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on December 16, 2016. No phone calls please. Short listed candidates will be contacted directly.