Community Development Manager – Greater Toronto Area (2 Positions)
Closing Date: October 2018
Work Location(s): Greater Toronto Area
Reporting to the Executive Director or their designate, the Community Development Managers are responsible for developing and building relationships with Mosques and other institutions, in the GTA, based on set fundraising targets, for the purposes of raising funds in support of IDRF’s international and local programs.
Further, the Community Development Managers must demonstrate a strong network amongst the community and/or youth groups in the GTA and the ability to use their network to recruit and work with participants for the Get Job Ready Program. This position requires travel within Ontario.
Learn more about Get Job Ready here: https://idrf.com/jobready/
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop a relationship with mosques and other institutions for the purpose of educating their executive and members (constituents) about the work of IDRF and to solicit funds towards IDRF programs.
- To achieve set fundraising targets by assigned catchment area.
- To maintain records and keep track of all interactions with these groups for future fundraising efforts.
- To input profiles of donors, mosques and religious spaces through Raiser’s Edge
- To ensure that reporting and donor recognition is completed for all donor accounts on a regular basis.
- Recruit participants for Get Job Ready sessions in the GTA by promoting the project amongst schools, community organizations, religious spaces, settlement agencies and student groups.
- Communicate with interested participants to inform youth about the program curriculum, register them in applicable sessions and send follow-up emails confirming registration.
- Promote the Licensed to Learn (L2L) program amongst high schools (public and private) to support the expansion of the program in the GTA.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of direct Fundraising experience, with demonstrated success for meeting/exceeding annual goals
- Minimum 1-year experience in working with youth groups and/or community
- Hold a solid understanding of Religious Giving from an Islamic Perspective and have connections to members of the Muslim community and mosques.
- Agree with and support the work of IDRF, its mission, vision and values.
- Board Knowledge of principles of fundraising and ability to participate in all areas of the development cycle.
- Strong familiarity with donor management software such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Established connections with community groups, youth groups, campus networks and organizations and institutions that support either/or new Canadians or individuals from disadvantaged communities
- Able to succeed in making cold calls, as well as develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- A results-oriented and dynamic individual with demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong commitment to teamwork and the ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Valid Driver’s License
Hours of Work:
Due to the nature of the work, this position will be required to work evenings and weekends. The work week will be from Thursday to Monday. The use of a reliable vehicle is required.
The position will require travel within Ontario. Travel expenses will be covered.